Fresh from their travels to The Dakotas and multiple Native American reservations, members of the Interfaith Youth Group will share the issues and experiences they’ve encountered during their recent service trip, and express their gratitude for the support All Souls provided to help make it happen. They also … read more.
From the Leadership
- Ah, summer!June 26, 2019As we begin the summer I feel blessed by this wonderful community. I have recently been asked who comprises the Board of Trustees starting July 1. The board will be: Ed Burke, president; Leslie Kinney, vice president; Catie G. Berg, clerk; Sarah Lott, treasurer; and Marie Gorst, Maisie Crowther and Suzann Jones, members at large. Please join me in expressing gratitude for their offers of service. The West Village Meeting House will be abuzz with construction and grounds activity this summer. ... read more
- A Fine GatheringMay 21, 2019We had a fine gathering last Sunday for our 97th, yes 97th, annual meeting. Far more than the needed quorum were in attendance, with a great many also represented by proxy. The upshot for me was the election of the new slate of board members joining me: Leslie Kinney, vice president; Sarah Lott, treasurer; Catie Berg, clerk; Marie Gorst, Suzann Jones and Maise Crowther, members-at-large. These women are each remarkable in their wisdom, dedication, intelligence and clarity. We are truly ... read more
- NNED Report From ASC PresidentApril 23, 2019On April 5 and 6, Marty Shaw, Jamie Gibson, Leslie Kinney and I attended the Northern New England District – UUA Annual Conference. Marty and I were the representative delegates from All Souls. The theme of the conference was “The Power of We”, which was intended to garner support for the dissolution of the NNED-UUA. The Board of Directors “has recommended that the NNED complete the process of merging with the New England Region. This involves the dissolution of the current Northern New England ... read more
- Aug 18, 2019 - 11:45 am
Small Group Ministry
The Small Group Ministry program deepens and broadens personal spiritual growth. A group usually consists of 8-10 members who meets at the church, usually once every two weeks. Each meeting is focused on a spiritual or religious topic. To learn more. click here.
- Aug 18, 2019 - 2:00 pm
The Compassionate Friends of Brattleboro
The Compassionate Friends of Brattleboro Beverly Miller, Office Administrator for All Souls Church at The West Village Meetinghouse, facilitates the local chapter of this group which is open to all who have endured the death of a child. The Compassionate Friends is a national, non-profit organization with more than 650 chapters in the United States with locations in every state. We welcome...
- Aug 19, 2019 - 9:30 am
- Aug 22, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Bereavement Writing Group
Beverly Miller, Office Administrator for All Souls Church at The West Village Meetinghouse, twice monthly on the 2nd and 4th Mondays from 4:00 to 5:30 PM, coordinates this intimate writing group focused on the process of grieving and bereavement. We are currently a small group of five individuals and are now open and welcoming to...
- Aug 23, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Friday Meditation Group
All are invited to join our Silent Meditation group on Friday afternoons from 4 to 5 at ASC. (You are welcome to sit for less than an hour, if you prefer). Call Karen Tyler at 413-824-8960 for further info
- Aug 26, 2019 - 9:30 am
- Copans, Taggard and Fitzpatrick Fall Art Exhibit at The MeetinghouseEach fall for the past several seasons, the gallery spaces at All Souls Church have been filled with blessings of Peace in the form of Stuart Copans’ papercuts and paintings of the Hebrew word “Shalom” and its Arabic equivalent “Salaam.” This 10th Annual Papercuts and ...read more
- ASC Picnic and I-91 Fundraiser Coffee BreakAll Souls Church Picnic/BBQ at Townshend Lake/Dam Come join All Souls at the Third Annual Church Picnic/BBQ in Townshend on Sat August 17 starting at noon, Davis Pavillion, the 1st one. There are picnic tables, shade, playground, and close to bathrooms and beach. There are grills if you want to BBQ ...read more
- I-91 Welcome Center Coffee Break coming soon!I-91 Welcome Center Coffee Break Fundraiser Friday August 30 is the date for this year’s ASC Coffee Break at the I-91 Welcome Center. It’s the Friday of Labor Day weekend!!! A great fun summer fund raiser for All Souls (more than $1200). We “offer” our goodies for “by donation” to travelers coming ...read more
- New Group Forming: “Exploring Spirituality”Personally and, as one of my projects for training at the Rowe Center in the Spiritual Guide Practitioner Program, I hope to bring together a group of people who would be interested in responding to the 4 questions from How Then Shall We Live?: Four Simple Questions That Reveal the Beauty and ...read more
- Highlights from General AssemblyThe Unitarian Universalist Association convened our 58th General Assembly of congregations in Spokane, Washington—a five-day event running from Wednesday, June 19, to Sunday, June 23. Nearly 2,600 people attended from 541 congregations. Attending from All Souls Church were Jamie Gibson and Marty ...read more
- Construction happeningsBetween July 15 and August 30 the WVMH main hall will be painted and the floor replaced. As such, services during that period will be held in the chapel or other suitable setting. Please do not offer the main hall for rentals, gatherings or events during this period. Beginning June 8 , contractors ...read more