Ancient people saw the flow of time as circular, not linear, and the Changing Seasons were understood as a great Wheel, the Wheel of the Year. This Sunday, December. 15, we gather to observe the turning of the Wheel as we celebrate the Winter Solstice … read more.
From the Leadership
- 50th Anniversary: Note from ASC President, Ed BurkeDecember 9, 2019We are a community rich in beautiful traditions, and we will be celebrating those traditions of relationship, connection, service, joy, music and so much more this coming June when we revel in the 50 year anniversary of All Souls move to the then-new West Village Meeting House! The Board has been in joyous concert about what this may be, not only for our congregation but for the community at large. Great ideas are being generated and organizing is shaping up with the idea that preparations will ... read more
- From ASC President, Ed BurkeOctober 17, 2019As All Souls’ Day approaches some updates and news. Looking forward, looking back. Continued from last month’s post: On October 7. Robin Sweetapple, our design consultant, filed an application with the Vermont Department of Historic Preservation for the amount of $20,000 to assist with phase 1 of replacing/ repairing our shingles. We have set aside $20,000 to match that grant, should it be awarded. The costs of the siding for phase 1 is approximately $90,000, so we will be rolling up our ... read more
- Parish CouncilSeptember 11, 2019The All Souls Church Board is initiating a Parish Council which will bring together representatives of the various committees and activity groups within the congregation. The goals for the Council are to enhance communication within the congregation, address issues that affect the community as a whole, promote collaboration in planning and scheduling events, and share resources. The Board is particularly excited that the Parish Council will be instrumental in sharing ideas and enthusiasm as we ... read more
- Dec 12, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Overflow Meal Preparation
Preparing, chopping veggies and cooking beef stew and lentil soup for the Winter Overflow Shelter. Our church has been faithfully preparing and serving this winter shelter since our former minister Rev Barbro Hansson started this meal program probably 8 years ago. We cook the 2nd Thursday of each month in the cold weather.
- Dec 12, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Bereavement Writing Group
- Dec 13, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Religious Exploration Committee Meeting
- Dec 13, 2019 - 5:30 pm
Pizza & ornament crafting
Everyone is welcome to have pizza and craft, simple ornaments and such.
- Dec 14, 2019 - 9:15 am
Come join us even if you have not been before! Each time we meet is different and a little like a “stand alone” time. We encourage all new women newcomers to ASC to gather for simple refreshment and conversation. Bring your questions and share in our search for answers to Life’s Great Mysteries. You will find good...
- Dec 15, 2019 - 11:00 am
Heifer International Coffee Hour
Support the RE Children as they raise funds for Heifer International. Exchange your generous donation for a special holiday treat and hot chocolate during Sunday coffee hour.
- Inclement Weather and Cancellations at ASCWhen Inclement Weather Occurs Around Services and Other Events at All Souls Church ▸ Decide on your own safety first when wondering whether or not to attend an event at ASC. ○ No event is worth risking harm or injury to yourself or others to attend. ▸ The Church Office is closed when schools in the ...read more
- 50th Anniversary Planning50th Anniversary Planning – Soup & Chat on December 8th Please join members of the 50th Anniversary Planning Committee to brainstorm ideas of how we might celebrate this upcoming anniversary of the establishment and move to the West Village Meeting House. An informal chat will take place ...read more
- Preparing the Winter Overflow Shelter Meal, 2019Every year at this time we prepare and serve a meal for the Winter Overflow Shelter held at the old Austine School in Brattleboro. It was the Brattleboro Inter-faith Council and our former minister the Rev. Barbro Hansson who started the service more than 8 years ago, feeling that the community ...read more
- The Holiday Bazaar!It’s almost here. Just a few days to go till the Holiday Bazaar on Friday Dec 6th , 3 to 7 and Saturday, December 7th, 9 to 2. Greens Sunday is December 1 when we make 50-60 balsam wreaths. Then during the week, we will be decorating wreathes, boxwood trees and table decorations each morning 9-12, ...read more
- Climate Action Forum: The Role of All Souls ChurchThe Book Club’s presentation at our August 25 service, focusing on their reading of Bill McKibben’s book “Falter,” highlighted the extreme urgency of the climate crisis, and provoked discussion of what role All Souls Church might play in addressing it. Is it enough for individuals to ...read more
- All Souls Church Book Group New TitleBook Group News Starting Saturday, October 12, the All Souls Church book group will be reading The Epic of Gilgamesh. This story, originally an oral transmission, was written down at least 4,000 years ago, making it the oldest literature in the world. It was told and retold in Mesopotamia, the area ...read more