This Independence Day weekend, in the midst of a pandemic and a racial-justice movement that have both gone global, is an opportunity to ask ourselves what kind of country and what kind of world we want to live in, and what our individual role might … read more.
From the Leadership
- Annual MeetingJune 9, 2020On Sunday, June 9, the Annal Meeting will be held by Zoom at 1 p.m. The agenda and reports will be sent out in advance. The meeting will include votes on the 1st Quarter Budget, proposed Nominations to Board, Nominating Committee and Auditor and receipt of Annual Reports. Registration is required for this meeting, In the registration we are asking if you are a member of All Souls Church. This information should help us know quickly if we have a quorum. Open the full item to find the ... read more
- New MinisterApril 20, 2020Sunday, April 19, I announced to those gathered for the Sunday Service that last Monday, the Minister Search Team unanimously recommended to the Board of Trustees that the Board hire candidate Rev. Telos Whitfield to serve as All Souls’ next contract minister, beginning August 1, 2020. After presentation by the Team and discussion by the Board, the Board unanimously voted to accept the Team’s recommendation and to offer the position to Telos. The Board also voted to authorize President Ed ... read more
- The Church Has Left the BuildingMarch 23, 2020Affirmation By Margaret Weis Note: Rev. Margaret Weis invites you to replace “church” with “congregation” or “Fellowship” if that feels most appropriate for your community. The church is not a place; it is a people. The church is not only a steeple above the treeline, streets, and cars. Rather, it is a people proclaiming to the world that we are here for the work of healing and of justice. The church is not walls built stone upon stone, held together by ... read more
- Jul 2, 2020 - 4:00 pm
*Marty Shaw Connection Group
Click here to register in advance or join this meeting. Please contact Marty Shaw email@example.com for more information.
- Jul 2, 2020 - 4:00 pm
*Reopening Task Force meeting
The All Souls Church Task Force will have another meeting to consider the steps, criteria and protocol for opening up in-person activities at All Souls Church. Under consideration is everything from individual appointments, small group and committee meetings to larger events including worship services and public gatherings as well as any potential combination of in-person...
- Jul 5, 2020 - 10:00 am
Join the service about 10 a.m. by clicking on this link. (You may need to open this event to use the link.) If cannot join us on your computer or smart device, you can dial in using one of these numbers: 929 205 6099 312 626 6799 253 215 8782 301 715 8592 Meeting ID:...
- Jul 5, 2020 - 12:00 pm
*Sacred Circle: Small Group Ministry Online
This will be an on-line meeting. Contact Bev Miller for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-490-2326 Click here to register in advance or join this meeting. “The Small Group Ministry program deepens and broadens personal spiritual growth. A group usually consists of 8-10 members who “normally” would meet at the church, usually once every two weeks. Each...
- Jul 6, 2020 - 9:30 am
*Crafting on line
Monday morning Craft Group meeting. For questions contact Kathy Squires. Click here to register or join this meeting.
- Jul 6, 2020 - 4:00 pm
*Small Group Ministry online
This will be an on-line meeting. Contact Marty Shaw for more information. Click here to register and join.
- Latest E-NewsBelow is a copy of the last issue of the E-News. The All Souls Church E-news usually comes out on Thursdays. If you would like to receive it in your inbox, please sign up at left. _________________________________ THURSDAY, JUNE 25 – WEDNESDAY, JULY 1, 2020 Dear Members and Friends of All ...read more
- Become an American Red Cross Blood Booster!
- Charles W. “Chuck” CrowtherCharles W. “Chuck” Crowther, 83, of Brattleboro. Died peacefully on May 14, 2020 at his home. He was born in East Derry, N.H., the second son of Stephen T. Crowther and Margaret Elizabeth (Gleason) Crowther. He was the husband of Mary “Maisie” B. (Goodale) Crowther, whom he married in 1966. Chuck ...read more
- Post Cards for Thompson HouseShannon Bratcher, Activities Director at Thompson House Nursing Home in Brattleboro has announced that she would be delighted to receive postcards from the Local Love Brigade. They will hold these for five days before distributing them to residents. Please use self-adhesivev stamps. Cards can be ...read more
- ASC Services Going OnlineWhile our building is closed, we will be holding online services and meetings. You can find the complete details here: Virtual Services and meetings...read more