We are proud of our designation as a “Welcoming Congregation.” Join us as we take a closer look at what that really means, and explore how we might move forward to become more welcoming and inclusive. We will be dedicating both our new Rainbow Flag … read more.
From the Leadership
- A Fine GatheringMay 21, 2019We had a fine gathering last Sunday for our 97th, yes 97th, annual meeting. Far more than the needed quorum were in attendance, with a great many also represented by proxy. The upshot for me was the election of the new slate of board members joining me: Leslie Kinney, vice president; Sarah Lott, treasurer; Catie Berg, clerk; Marie Gorst, Suzann Jones and Maise Crowther, members-at-large. These women are each remarkable in their wisdom, dedication, intelligence and clarity. We are truly ... read more
- NNED Report From ASC PresidentApril 23, 2019On April 5 and 6, Marty Shaw, Jamie Gibson, Leslie Kinney and I attended the Northern New England District – UUA Annual Conference. Marty and I were the representative delegates from All Souls. The theme of the conference was “The Power of We”, which was intended to garner support for the dissolution of the NNED-UUA. The Board of Directors “has recommended that the NNED complete the process of merging with the New England Region. This involves the dissolution of the current Northern New England ... read more
- From ASC President of the Board, Ed BurkeFebruary 13, 2019Feb.12, 2019 – A huge takeaway from the Board retreat last weekend was when Shayna asked us all to write what we valued about All Souls, then crumple up the paper and toss into a pile for anonymous reading aloud. What was striking was that each entry lauded how important the ASC community is to the author. You/ we are beloved by your Board, fyi. With that shared insight we then got to work on the grit of community; budgets and capital needs.... read more
- May 23, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Bereavement Writing Group
Beverly Miller, Office Administrator for All Souls Church at The West Village Meetinghouse, coordinates this intimate writing group focused on the process of grieving and bereavement. We are currently a small group of five individuals and are now open and welcoming to new members. Please contact Beverly, office [AT] ascvt.org, for more information if you...
- May 24, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Friday Meditation Group
All are invited to join our Silent Meditation group on Friday afternoons from 4 to 5 at ASC. (You are welcome to sit for less than an hour, if you prefer). Call Karen Tyler at 413-824-8960 for further info
- May 26, 2019 - 8:45 am
ASC Choir Rehearsal
The All Souls Choir is open to all church members and associates. While there is no formal audition process, we are looking for people who love to sing, can carry a tune, can learn their individual parts, can follow instructions and can commit to the rehearsal schedule. The ability to read music is a plus,...
- May 26, 2019 - 11:00 am
Come join us for refreshments and conversation after the service in the foyer!
- May 26, 2019 - 11:30 am
Rummage Sale Set-Up
- May 27, 2019 - 9:00 am
Rummage Sale Set-Up
- Pete Seeger 100th Celebration was a sell outThese pictures are from the May 12 Pete’s 100th celebration. As Annie Patterson put it, “We sang songs celebrating the life and work of Pete Seeger, one of the greatest human beings I have ever met. Pete spent his life working for justice and inspired us all to sing together. A full ...read more
- LOST AND FOUNDLOST AND FOUND: Please check the corner near the office, and claim anything that looks familiar. Anything remaining by May 26 will be considered a donation to the Rummage Sale....read more
- A brief history of All Souls ChurchCharles Butterfield has compiled an excellent overview of the history of All Souls Church, beginning in the early 1790s when the Rev. Hosea Ballou, “Father of Universalism in America,” preached to a small gathering in West Brattleboro. His narrative covers a lot of ground from there until 2019. You ...read more
- Architect hiredI’m sharing the good news that we have hired architectural design professional Robin Sweetapple to assist us with our capital project planning and building maintenance issues for the next year. We will be resuming our capital planning group next week, Wednesday March 20, at 5:00. Robin will be ...read more
- Brattleboro West Arts and All Souls Church at The West Village Meetinghouse CollaborationBrattleboro-West Arts has become a fixture of our community’s vibrant art scene through exhibits, open studio events, public forums and creative workshops. This year, its members felt moved to share a positive message about the current political climate with the community. All Souls ...read more
- Sermons of Past Worship ServicesFor those of you wishing you had a copy of one of the inspiring Sunday service sermons you heard here at ASC in the past, now you can have one! Many sermons are now available here on the website. Go to this page and click on the service whose sermon you would like to read. Not all of our Sunday ...read more