Leaf Seligman, author, minister, educator, and restorative justice practitioner, is our guest in the pulpit for this service, for which the theme is the power of stories to transform us, lead us home and help us recognize what matters most.
From the Leadership
- From ASC President, Ed BurkeOctober 17, 2019As All Souls’ Day approaches some updates and news. Looking forward, looking back. Continued from last month’s post: On October 7. Robin Sweetapple, our design consultant, filed an application with the Vermont Department of Historic Preservation for the amount of $20,000 to assist with phase 1 of replacing/ repairing our shingles. We have set aside $20,000 to match that grant, should it be awarded. The costs of the siding for phase 1 is approximately $90,000, so we will be rolling up our ... read more
- Parish CouncilSeptember 11, 2019The All Souls Church Board is initiating a Parish Council which will bring together representatives of the various committees and activity groups within the congregation. The goals for the Council are to enhance communication within the congregation, address issues that affect the community as a whole, promote collaboration in planning and scheduling events, and share resources. The Board is particularly excited that the Parish Council will be instrumental in sharing ideas and enthusiasm as we ... read more
- Ah, summer!June 26, 2019As we begin the summer I feel blessed by this wonderful community. I have recently been asked who comprises the Board of Trustees starting July 1. The board will be: Ed Burke, president; Leslie Kinney, vice president; Catie G. Berg, clerk; Sarah Lott, treasurer; and Marie Gorst, Maisie Crowther and Suzann Jones, members at large. Please join me in expressing gratitude for their offers of service. The West Village Meeting House will be abuzz with construction and grounds activity this summer. ... read more
- Nov 12, 2019 - 2:00 pm
Caring Circle Meeting
The Caring Circle’s Mission is to provide and facilitate loving support and care for members of the All Souls community. We act on requests from the Minister, individuals, and their families, and respond only when we have been given permission. Additional information here.
- Nov 12, 2019 - 4:00 pm
ASC Choir Rehearsal
- Nov 13, 2019 - 6:30 pm
Evening crafting for the big Holiday Bazaar. The crafts are not difficult to learn and some as easy as painting pine cones.
- Nov 14, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Bereavement Writing Group
- Nov 14, 2019 - 6:30 pm
Crafting for the big Holiday Bazaar. Crafts are easy to learn, and may be as easy as painting pine cones.
- Nov 15, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Friday Meditation Group
All are invited to join our Silent Meditation group on Friday afternoons from 4 to 5 at ASC. (You are welcome to sit for less than an hour, if you prefer). Call Karen Tyler at 413-824-8960 for further info
- Christmas Wreath OrdersNow’s the time to order your Holiday wreathes. Choose from these 2 designs. They can be made larger, 10, 12 or 14 inch frames (final wreath will be larger). Bows may vary. Order by ...read more
- Changes for Theatre AdventureThe unique Theater Adventure Program that uses All Souls Church as its physical home, is planning some important changes. New England Youth Theatre and Theatre Adventure Program have announced that effective November 15 Theatre Adventure Program will be operating as an independent self-governing ...read more
- Climate Action Forum: The Role of All Souls ChurchThe Book Club’s presentation at our August 25 service, focusing on their reading of Bill McKibben’s book “Falter,” highlighted the extreme urgency of the climate crisis, and provoked discussion of what role All Souls Church might play in addressing it. Is it enough for individuals to ...read more
- All Souls Church Book Group New TitleBook Group News Starting Saturday, October 12, the All Souls Church book group will be reading The Epic of Gilgamesh. This story, originally an oral transmission, was written down at least 4,000 years ago, making it the oldest literature in the world. It was told and retold in Mesopotamia, the area ...read more
- Copans, Taggard and Fitzpatrick Fall Art Exhibit at The MeetinghouseEach fall for the past several seasons, the gallery spaces at All Souls Church have been filled with blessings of Peace in the form of Stuart Copans’ papercuts and paintings of the Hebrew word “Shalom” and its Arabic equivalent “Salaam.” This 10th Annual Papercuts and ...read more
- I-91 Welcome Center Coffee Break coming soon!I-91 Welcome Center Coffee Break Fundraiser Friday August 30 is the date for this year’s ASC Coffee Break at the I-91 Welcome Center. It’s the Friday of Labor Day weekend!!! A great fun summer fund raiser for All Souls (more than $1200). We “offer” our goodies for “by donation” to travelers coming ...read more