From the Leadership
- NNED Spring Assembly, Annual Meeting 4/5-6March 13, 2019From Ann-Marie, Administrative Assistant, Northern New England District – UUA You are invited to attend the Spring Assembly and Annual Meeting on April 5-6 at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Concord, NH. There will be music, worship, keynote speakers, breakout sessions, food and time to visit with other UU’s. Below is the link to the registration. Share with your friends and other UU’s. Please ... read more
- From ASC President of the Board, Ed BurkeFebruary 13, 2019Feb.12, 2019 – A huge takeaway from the Board retreat last weekend was when Shayna asked us all to write what we valued about All Souls, then crumple up the paper and toss into a pile for anonymous reading aloud. What was striking was that each entry lauded how important the ASC community is to the author. You/ we are beloved by your Board, fyi. With that shared insight we then got to work on the grit of community; budgets and capital needs.... read more
- From ASC President, Ed BurkeJanuary 24, 2019Music to our ears: “I, Leonard Howard, performed a re-inspection at 29 South Street to find all items to have been corrected, that were found on the initial inspection.” This was from the Brattleboro Fire Department Fire and Safety Re-inspection report dated January 18, 2019. In short, our premises are much safer than they were upon initial inspection on February 23, 2018. We all should be very grateful to members Steve Squires, Catie Berg, Michael Weitzner, and Tom Finnell for ... read more
- Mar 20, 2019 - 10:00 am
Body-Mind-Spirit Fitness Class
B-M-S Fitness Class includes Danskinetics (Yoga-based cardiovascular exercise), Pilates-based core conditioning and/or bone strengthening weight work, yoga, relaxation and guided meditation. All are welcome. Fitness Guide: Beverly Miller If you are interested let Beverly know, 802-254-9377
- Mar 21, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Overflow Shelter Meal Preparation
Preparing and serving meals for Brattleboro’s Winter Overflow Shelter for the Homeless has been a long term service project of All Souls Church as well as other faith communities in the area. Meals are prepared in our church kitchen once a month and served at the shelter by various members of our congregation. if you want...
- Mar 21, 2019 - 5:00 pm
For more information, click here.
- Mar 22, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Friday Meditation Group
All are invited to join our Silent Meditation group on Friday afternoons from 4 to 5 at ASC. (You are welcome to sit for less than an hour, if you prefer). Call Karen Tyler at 413-824-8960 for further info
- Mar 24, 2019 - 8:45 am
ASC Choir Rehearsal
The All Souls Choir is open to all church members and associates. While there is no formal audition process, we are looking for people who love to sing, can carry a tune, can learn their individual parts, can follow instructions and can commit to the rehearsal schedule. The ability to read music is a plus,...
- Mar 24, 2019 - 11:00 am
Come join us for refreshments and conversation after the service in the foyer!
- Architect hiredI’m sharing the good news that we have hired architectural design professional Robin Sweetapple to assist us with our capital project planning and building maintenance issues for the next year. We will be resuming our capital planning group next week, Wednesday March 20, at 5:00. Robin will be ...read more
- Stewardship Campaign Celebratory LuncheonThe Stewardship Celebratory Luncheon will be held after our Sunday Service on March 24th....read more
- Leap Into Spring Fair!Get Ready for Our Second Annual Leap into Spring event on April 13, 10am to 3pm Last year was our first Spring Fair. We made grape vine wreaths, crafted birds and gift items and sold garden books. We also had a delightful lunch and a couple of workshops. This year we hope to be as ambitious. We ...read more
- Brattleboro West Arts and All Souls Church at The West Village Meetinghouse CollaborationBrattleboro-West Arts has become a fixture of our community’s vibrant art scene through exhibits, open studio events, public forums and creative workshops. This year, its members felt moved to share a positive message about the current political climate with the community. All Souls ...read more
- Sermons of Past Worship ServicesFor those of you wishing you had a copy of one of the inspiring Sunday service sermons you heard here at ASC in the past, now you can have one! Many sermons are now available here on the website. Go to this page and click on the service whose sermon you would like to read. Not all of our Sunday ...read more
- Bazaar Wrap-Up 2018 by Kathy SquiresI will start with the numbers. Our tally is $6574, this is up from last year, so Yippee! The Main Event – the wreaths, greens, and ornaments, brought in more than half of the total bazaar income, led by Ruth L. and Becky C,, $3593. Linda H.’s new wreath making machine made about half ...read more