The opioid epidemic has struck Windham County disproportionately hard, and its tragic effects are all too visible and palpable in our community. For the month of February, we will be sharing our Sunday offerings with Turning Point, which provides support to those whose lives … read more.
From the Leadership
- Minister Search Task ForceJanuary 21, 2020The minister search task force is in full swing. We’ve had several meetings working on our church profile which will be put on line for prospective ministers to read. Our profile describes what we think good worship services are like, askes us about our history which we dated back to 1922 when the Unitarians and Universalists joined to become one congregation, All Souls Church. There are questions about how we relate to the community and about our social action, historically and ... read more
- 50th Anniversary: Note from ASC President, Ed BurkeDecember 9, 2019We are a community rich in beautiful traditions, and we will be celebrating those traditions of relationship, connection, service, joy, music and so much more this coming June when we revel in the 50 year anniversary of All Souls move to the then-new West Village Meeting House! The Board has been in joyous concert about what this may be, not only for our congregation but for the community at large. Great ideas are being generated and organizing is shaping up with the idea that preparations will ... read more
- From ASC President, Ed BurkeOctober 17, 2019As All Souls’ Day approaches some updates and news. Looking forward, looking back. Continued from last month’s post: On October 7. Robin Sweetapple, our design consultant, filed an application with the Vermont Department of Historic Preservation for the amount of $20,000 to assist with phase 1 of replacing/ repairing our shingles. We have set aside $20,000 to match that grant, should it be awarded. The costs of the siding for phase 1 is approximately $90,000, so we will be rolling up our ... read more
- Jan 28, 2020 - 3:00 pm
The meditation group meets weekly on Tuesdays at 3:00 P.M. for a 45 min. silent meditation. If you are new to meditation or it’s your first time with this group, please call Lois (802) 251-0750 or email@example.com. The group is open to all.
- Jan 28, 2020 - 4:00 pm
ASC Choir Rehearsal
- Jan 30, 2020 - 12:30 pm
Search team meeting
Meeting of the group preparing the ASC profile for the new minister search
- Feb 1, 2020 - 10:00 am
ASC Book Group
We are currently reading 1491: New Revelations of the Americas before Columbus by Charles Mann. We will be discussing Part 2 at our next meeting on February 1st at 10 am. It is not too late to join this discussion. For more information, contact Christina Gibbons firstname.lastname@example.org or 257-0115.
- Feb 1, 2020 - 1:00 pm
Katherine Barratt Memorial Service
- Feb 2, 2020 - 9:00 am
Stewardship Collage Making
Express your creativity and help create a collage of your “Joyful Vision” of All Souls Church.
- Inclement Weather and Cancellations at ASCWhen Inclement Weather Occurs Around Services and Other Events at All Souls Church ▸ Decide on your own safety first when wondering whether or not to attend an event at ASC. ○ No event is worth risking harm or injury to yourself or others to attend. ▸ The Church Office is closed when schools in the ...read more
- 50th Anniversary Planning50th Anniversary Planning – Soup & Chat on December 8th Please join members of the 50th Anniversary Planning Committee to brainstorm ideas of how we might celebrate this upcoming anniversary of the establishment and move to the West Village Meeting House. An informal chat will take place ...read more
- Preparing the Winter Overflow Shelter Meal, 2019Every year at this time we prepare and serve a meal for the Winter Overflow Shelter held at the old Austine School in Brattleboro. It was the Brattleboro Inter-faith Council and our former minister the Rev. Barbro Hansson who started the service more than 8 years ago, feeling that the community ...read more
- Climate Action Forum: The Role of All Souls ChurchThe Book Club’s presentation at our August 25 service, focusing on their reading of Bill McKibben’s book “Falter,” highlighted the extreme urgency of the climate crisis, and provoked discussion of what role All Souls Church might play in addressing it. Is it enough for individuals to ...read more
- All Souls Church Book Group New TitleBook Group News Starting Saturday, October 12, the All Souls Church book group will be reading The Epic of Gilgamesh. This story, originally an oral transmission, was written down at least 4,000 years ago, making it the oldest literature in the world. It was told and retold in Mesopotamia, the area ...read more
- Copans, Taggard and Fitzpatrick Fall Art Exhibit at The MeetinghouseEach fall for the past several seasons, the gallery spaces at All Souls Church have been filled with blessings of Peace in the form of Stuart Copans’ papercuts and paintings of the Hebrew word “Shalom” and its Arabic equivalent “Salaam.” This 10th Annual Papercuts and ...read more