Charles Butterfield, former longtime local science teacher, asks how did a rigorous process for studying nature become a politicized belief system? What does that mean for us as we go forward in our search for truth and meaning?
From the Leadership
- Reopening Highlights Phase 2September 3, 2020Update 11/13: Per state of Vermont recommendations, no in-person meetings at the church until further notice. Update 11/12: Per state of Vermont recommendations, meetings are limited to 10 people, regardless of what appears below. This is just a summary. Please be sure you are familiar with the full details of the plan. Click here to read the full text. Limitations: Outdoor meetings may have up to 20 people While outdoor meetings are preferred, indoor meetings are permitted with up to 20 10 If ... read more
- Farewell to Shayna & Welcome Reverend Telos!July 31, 2020It is a privilege to preside over ministerial transition at All Souls Church as this is a unique time in our church history. In July, we bid farewell to our beloved Rev. Shayna Appel and in August, we excitedly welcome the Rev. Telos Whitfield into our midst. On our website and in her letter to the congregation Telos shares a bit about herself and her ministerial journey. I invite each of you to begin your acquaintance with Telos by reading her brief bio under the tab “About Us” and the link ... read more
- We Welcome our new ASC President of the Board of Trustees, Leslie KinneyJuly 9, 2020PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE It is an honor and a somewhat daunting task to take on the presidency of All Souls Church. Many thanks to our esteemed member Ed Burke, for the invaluable leadership he has provided to the congregation and the Board. I won’t step into his shoes but will certainly try to follow in his footsteps! All Souls Church includes members and friends of long-standing and those who are newer to the congregation. Regardless of the duration of each our histories there is always more to ... read more
- Nov 25, 2020 - 4:00 pm
*Kathy Squires Sunday Team Meeting
Kathy Squires is hosting a scheduled Zoom meeting. Click here to register in advance for this meeting. The All Souls community is working on making a connection with all of our members and friends during this time of the coronavirus crisis. We started with the lists from the Sunday Team program that just began in...
- Nov 26, 2020 - 4:00 pm
*Marty Shaw Connection Group
Click here to register in advance or join this meeting. Please contact Marty Shaw for more information.
- Nov 27, 2020 - 9:00 am
Those involved with the next service will gather on Zoom here: https://tinyurl.com/ASCServices
- Nov 28, 2020 - 9:00 am
Greens Saturday 1
Session 1 from 9 to 12 Using all safety protocols we will be working in the Main Hall of the church making the wreaths that we will decorate starting Monday for the Bazaar. Sign up with Kathy Squires so we can limit the number of people working at a time.
- Nov 28, 2020 - 10:00 am
CANCELLED – Greens Activity
Unfortunately we must cancel this. Greens Activity. Join us at the church for a story and creative activity using some the greens which church members have gathered.
- Nov 28, 2020 - 1:00 pm
Greens Saturday 2
Session 2 from 1 to 3 Using all safety protocols we will be working in the Main Hall of the church making the wreaths that we will decorate starting Monday for the Bazaar. Sign up with Kathy Squires so we can limit the number of people working at a time.
- Latest E-NewsBelow is a copy of the last issue of the E-News. The All Souls Church E-news usually comes out on Thursdays. “If you would like to receive it in your inbox, please click here.” All Souls Church at The West Village Meetinghouse Weekly E-News THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19 – WEDNESDAY, ...read more
- Works by Simi BermanWorks by Simi Berman on display at All Souls Church in West Brattleboro Currently on exhibit is the new work of local artist Simi Berman who has been an artist for many years. Her work has included illustration, ceramic sculpture , oil painting and collage. She has exhibited her ceramics and ...read more
- Virtual Art Gallery EnhancedAs we learn to live better virtually, we can’t forget art. While we can’t look at the exhibits in the church foyer on Sunday mornings, we can get a closer look via the web page. Click on the main picture on the home page, or click right here, to see the virtual gallery....read more
- Service Planning info now availableAs we settle in to Sunday morning worship using Zoom, we know that many hands make light work. But we also know that we need ways to make sure all those hands know what the other hands are doing. The new Service Planning grid represents what we know about up-coming services. There are links to ...read more
- Become an American Red Cross Blood Booster!