UU Rev. Scott Alexander preaches that, “Easter is a decision, a decision of the human heart, a brave and beautiful decision to live – fully, recklessly, courageously – even in the face of death and despair itself.” This Sunday we’ll explore Easter not just as a … read more.
From the Leadership
- From ASC President of the Board, Ed BurkeFebruary 13, 2019Feb.12, 2019 – A huge takeaway from the Board retreat last weekend was when Shayna asked us all to write what we valued about All Souls, then crumple up the paper and toss into a pile for anonymous reading aloud. What was striking was that each entry lauded how important the ASC community is to the author. You/ we are beloved by your Board, fyi. With that shared insight we then got to work on the grit of community; budgets and capital needs.... read more
- From ASC President, Ed BurkeJanuary 24, 2019Music to our ears: “I, Leonard Howard, performed a re-inspection at 29 South Street to find all items to have been corrected, that were found on the initial inspection.” This was from the Brattleboro Fire Department Fire and Safety Re-inspection report dated January 18, 2019. In short, our premises are much safer than they were upon initial inspection on February 23, 2018. We all should be very grateful to members Steve Squires, Catie Berg, Michael Weitzner, and Tom Finnell for ... read more
- Update on the fire escapeJanuary 21, 2019FROM ASC PRESIDENT, ED BURKE, DECEMBER 5, 2018 Hello All, Updating the fire escape installation: The door from the balcony to the fire escape will begin with the creation of a new doorway on Monday, December 10. The door will be installed and the fire escape will be erected by December 14 according to the latest communications from the architect. The roof system will be constructed at a later date. In a separate note: our emergency lights will all be working by the end of this week, according ... read more
- Apr 19, 2019 - 12:00 pm
Ecumenical Good Friday Service
12:00 – 3:00 PM ECUMENICAL GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE Guilford Community Church UCC, 38 Church Drive, Guilford Collaboration of local pastors and musicians to benefit C.A.S.P — the Community Asylum Seekers Project
- Apr 19, 2019 - 12:00 pm
Baked Goods Pick-up Day
Pickup day for pre-ordered baked goods for Easter, Passover, Earth Day
- Apr 19, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Friday Meditation Group
All are invited to join our Silent Meditation group on Friday afternoons from 4 to 5 at ASC. (You are welcome to sit for less than an hour, if you prefer). Call Karen Tyler at 413-824-8960 for further info
- Apr 21, 2019 - 8:45 am
ASC Choir Rehearsal
The All Souls Choir is open to all church members and associates. While there is no formal audition process, we are looking for people who love to sing, can carry a tune, can learn their individual parts, can follow instructions and can commit to the rehearsal schedule. The ability to read music is a plus,...
- Apr 21, 2019 - 11:00 am
Come join us for refreshments and conversation after the service in the foyer!
- Apr 21, 2019 - 11:45 am
Small Group Ministry
The Small Group Ministry program deepens and broadens personal spiritual growth. A group usually consists of 8-10 members who meets at the church, usually once every two weeks. Each meeting is focused on a spiritual or religious topic. To learn more. click here.
- More details on ASC childrens’ programmingWe have added a page called Children’s Programing to provide more detail about our childrens’ programming activities. It is under Learning > Families....read more
- A brief history of All Souls ChurchCharles Butterfield has compiled an excellent overview of the history of All Souls Church, beginning in the early 1790s when the Rev. Hosea Ballou, “Father of Universalism in America,” preached to a small gathering in West Brattleboro. His narrative covers a lot of ground from there until 2019. You ...read more
- Architect hiredI’m sharing the good news that we have hired architectural design professional Robin Sweetapple to assist us with our capital project planning and building maintenance issues for the next year. We will be resuming our capital planning group next week, Wednesday March 20, at 5:00. Robin will be ...read more
- Brattleboro West Arts and All Souls Church at The West Village Meetinghouse CollaborationBrattleboro-West Arts has become a fixture of our community’s vibrant art scene through exhibits, open studio events, public forums and creative workshops. This year, its members felt moved to share a positive message about the current political climate with the community. All Souls ...read more
- Sermons of Past Worship ServicesFor those of you wishing you had a copy of one of the inspiring Sunday service sermons you heard here at ASC in the past, now you can have one! Many sermons are now available here on the website. Go to this page and click on the service whose sermon you would like to read. Not all of our Sunday ...read more
- Bazaar Wrap-Up 2018 by Kathy SquiresI will start with the numbers. Our tally is $6574, this is up from last year, so Yippee! The Main Event – the wreaths, greens, and ornaments, brought in more than half of the total bazaar income, led by Ruth L. and Becky C,, $3593. Linda H.’s new wreath making machine made about half ...read more