The ASC Book Group
The ASC Book Group is a friendly, informal group of members and friends who meet to discuss eclectic and challenging titles in categories such as ecology, health, history of religion, and local fiction. We look for books that challenge our minds and nourish our UU spirits. One title often leads to another. Here is a list from the past few years:
- The Swerve by Stephen Greenblatt (Summer, 2015)
- Passage to Cosmos by Laura Dassow Walls (Winter, 2015)
- Spiritual Ecology, Cry of the Earth ed. by L. V. Lee (Early Spring, 2016)
- Reading the Forested Landscape by Tom Wessels (Late Spring, 2016)
- The Bones on Black Spruce Mountain by David Budbill (Summer, 2016)
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande (Fall, 2016)
- God Is Not One by Stephen Prothero (Winter, 2017)
- Half Wild by Robin MacArthur (Late Spring, 2017)
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau (Summer, 2017)
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari (Fall 2017)
- Radio Free Vermont by Bill McKibben (Winter, 2018)
- The Fire This Time edited by Jesmyn Ward (Spring 2018)
We usually meet biweekly, Wednesday afternoons in spring and fall and Saturday mornings in winter. Check the church calendar for specifics.
Participants attend as their time and interest permit, bringing open minds and supportive intentions.
If you would like more information or to be included in the advance notice emails, please contact us using the form below.